Re: LYNX-DEV No Win16 version

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV No Win16 version
Date: Sun, 1 Mar 1998 17:34:56 -0800 (PST)

On Sun, 1 Mar 1998, T.E.Dickey wrote:

> > And of course, defining DOSPATH is out since DOSPATH implies a bunch
> > of unrelated things like that you want your terminal type to be
> > hardcoded as "vt100"!

Is there  a reason that vt100 is hardcoded into the DOSPATH versions?
There is a thread on comp.editors now complaining that the vt100 causes
problems with vim, when it is used as the editor from lynx_386.  There
are simple workarounds, but I never understood why a TERM variable
should be hardcoded in (and not overridden by a TERM environment
variable).
                                    Doug
__
Doug Kaufman