Re: LYNX-DEV problem compiling 2-8 on Irix 5.3

From: Personal
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV problem compiling 2-8 on Irix 5.3
Date: Sun, 1 Mar 1998 21:43:29 -0700 (MST)

Michael Sokolov wrote:
>One of the first things I'll add is
>PROPER support for DOS and Windows v3.xx using DOSSOCK.

Michael,

Instead of creating a divergent version, why not code you support for DOS
and Win3.x and submit the diffs. If they aren't accepted for integration
into the current code set, then you have good reason to consider a divergent
set, but maybe they would be, and people wouldn't have to try to figure out
which code set offered the best advantages for DOS/Win3.x users.

That is one reason I am glad that Tom made the mods he did to try and
adress Fote's concerns with Internal Links. Fote was adamant that he would
not support a code set with that in it, and the dev code offers a lot of
advantages. People would have had to choose between autoconf and DOS/Win
versions or SSL support. Hopefully, Fote will now accept the 2.8 version
as usable to him and support SSL for it. I suspect that was part of Tom's
motivation in doing the changes.

Scott

Scott McGee: Salt Lake Community College Webmaster | When in danger,
Email: address@hidden (Scott McGee)         | run in circles,
Web:   http://www.slcc.edu/infotech/webmaster.html | scream and shout.
My opinions do not necessarily reflect those of the College. Trust me!