Re: LYNX-DEV No Win16 version

From: Jason F. McBrayer
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV No Win16 version
Date: 02 Mar 1998 10:09:50 -0600

Thanks everyone for all the encouraging responses re: the OS/2
fetchmail port.  I think I mentioned that I'm studying for
comprehensive exams (doctoral program in anthropology), so that's my
main priority.  Hopefully I will get a study schedule worked out that
will leave me an hour in the evening a few days a week to hack on Lynx
and other things.  I'm also currently working on getting the OS/2
patches for fetchmail integrated into the main distribution, and
that's taken time that could have otherwise gone into Lynx.  My
feeling is that I can get a semi-working (no drive letters, possibly
other problems) Lynx 2.8-pre done right away, as soon as I can get
Juanjo's autoconf fixes downloaded; the pipe between here and
arrakis.es seems to be pretty flaky.

Anyway, it's easier to catch up than to keep up.  Hopefully I will get
this done before 2.8 goes to release, if not, I assume there'll be a
2.8.1 bugfix release like there was for 2.7, and I'll aim for that.
Maybe this summer?

| Jason F. McBrayer              address@hidden |
| The scalloped tatters of the King in Yellow must hide Yhtill   |
| forever.                   (R.W. Chambers _The King in Yellow_ |