Re: LYNX-DEV LYNX low level key mapping - Problems

From: T.E.Dickey
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV LYNX low level key mapping - Problems
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 1998 12:18:15 -0500 (EST)

> This is all running on IBM Rs/6000 with aix 4.1 or 4.2.
> The terminals in use vary greatly, we support many terminals from Wyse30
> to ADDS4000 as well as PCs running eXceed and JSB2000.
> They all have the problem. I think it's Lynx. Other apps, including our
> software are able to recognize keys properly.
I'm not sure that you understood my puzzlement: somewhere in this thread,
someone said he was seeing the escape character echoed (perhaps not you,
originally).  That would only happen with either BSD curses (not aix 4.x as
far as I know, since I'm told it implements a SVr3 or SVr4 curses), or a
misconfigured/inappropriate terminfo.

Furthermore, though Lynx does not interpret the function keys such as
F2-F60, I know that it does interpret pageup/pagedown (it's in the code,
and I use it).