Re: LYNX-DEV 2-7/2-8 changes of scenery

From: Philip Webb
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV 2-7/2-8 changes of scenery
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 1998 01:44:18 -0500 (EST)

980302 Philip Webb wrote:
> > i used 2-8 for my daily read of the newspapers today
> > & discovered  2  changes from 2-7 (SIC), one good, the other less good.
> > any comments on why these things have changed & their utility/otherwise?
> 980302 Thomas Dickey wrote:
> no - I know that the issue about the difference in table rendition
> from a week or two ago was due to differences in error handling.
> perhaps this is the same or a feature of one or the other.
>
> but unless Fote goes back to developing (and makes a 2.7.3 or 2.8.1),
> I would treat 2.7.2 as a fixed reference; we'll be looking at it
> to see what it does better (or worse) and making improvements.

maybe this is the right point to say a BIG THANKYOU to TD for all his work,
single-handedly taking over from Klaus & Fote.
LP's contributions don't affect my use of Lynx much (if at all),
but he's certainly done his bit, as have others.

BTW echoing Henry, it might be an idea to move the Y2000 paragraph up
nearer the top of the README file, in view of its current importance.

> > SUPPORT     ___________//___,  Philip Webb : address@hidden

(don't you like trolley buses? i know they keep bombing them in China ... )