Re: LYNX-DEV 2-8 object size & long-list

From: T.E.Dickey
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV 2-8 object size & long-list
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 1998 12:20:14 -0500 (EST)

> 980303 Thomas Dickey wrote:
> > 980303 Philip Webb wrote:
> > > (1) in 2-8, using   --disable-dired --disable-long-list ,
> > >  g .  calls up the full `ls -l' list after  c 12 seconds ;
> > I should look at that - I tested it last summer
> > when I added the configure option, but not recently.
>
> it could be because 2-8 isn't finding my  lynx.cfg , still a puzzle.
I don't think so - Lynx is not very cooperative if it cannot find lynx.cfg

>  configure --help  says  --disable-debug  defaults to  off
> & when i added  --disable-debug  it made no difference;
> NB my 2-7 =  1.13 M  vs your sysadmin's 2-7 =  0.7 M
> & my 2-8 =  2.3 M  vs your 2-8 =  1.5 M :
> so i've got something in there you/he hasn't.
maybe - I built that with gcc on Solaris.  I'm aware that Sun's compiler
generates much larger binaries.  Perhaps that's it.  (For non-gcc, you
would not have the -g option set for the compiler).

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden