Re: LYNX-DEV 2.8pre2 on Ultrix & charsets order

From: T.E.Dickey
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV 2.8pre2 on Ultrix & charsets order
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 1998 12:27:32 -0500 (EST)

> I have tried to test-build 2.8pre on Ultrix.. With Ultrix default curses
> and native cc it compiled fine, but when displaying pages with characters
> >128 these aren't shown but instead is shown their -128 value in reverse
> colours. I guess -DLOCAL was the workaround for previous releases of
> lynx.
do you mean -DLOCALE?  (I don't remember a -DLOCAL).
If it's -DLOCALE, that should be set by the configure script if it's
applicable.

> Slang version is OK, and so is the comiplation with gcc on Ultrix.
> (BTW: uname -a: ULTRIX manes 4.4 0 RISC, cc bundled, gcc 2.7.2.)
>
> BTW, the character-set names in the menus are in very chaotic order. I'd
> speak for some reorganization..
I'd vote for alphabetic order, with the default pointing to the last
selected value, but I'm a minority there.  (I think we've still got the
order from 2.7.2).

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden