Re: LYNX-DEV 2-8 help: Help!

From: Nelson Henry Eric
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV 2-8 help: Help!
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 1998 09:56:41 +0900 (JST)

> so how exactly do i tell Lynx to find  lynx.cfg  where i've put it (above)?
[...]
> SUPPORT     ___________//___,  Philip Webb : address@hidden

Is someone faking your signature?  Knock, knock; Hello, are you there?

"Safest" way to have lynx find lynx.cfg is probably with the command
line switch, but there are three ways (quoting from INSTALLATION):
    at start-up.  The location of the lynx.cfg file may be compiled in using
    the LYNX_CFG_FILE define in userdefs.h, specified with an environment
    variable, LYNX_CFG, or specified with the "-cfg" command line option.

In lynx.cfg, define the location of the main help menu with:
"HELPFILE:file://localhost/PATH_TO/lynx_help/lynx_help_main.html".
Be sure you have removed the "#" and have edited "PATH_TO."

On another topic, I'm finding 2.8pre improved in many subtle ways,
especially I was surprised to find, that while not perfect, Lynx is
handling broken Japanese forms much better than before.  Is that your
work Leonid?  Anyway, someone's been maintaining the "unmaintainable."

What I'm really asking is for a concerted effort to exercise this pre-
release.  Let's make the ballooning of the image size pay off.  Has the
build on VMS been tested?  Could anyone confirm or refute or explain
the problem I see on SunOS of Lynx giving up on name lookups too soon?
Testing is probably the best way we can thank and repay the developers.

__Henry