Re: LYNX-DEV help!

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV help!
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 1998 18:46:28 -0800 (PST)

On Wed, 4 Mar 1998, Richard Sanders wrote:

> I've set up lynx to run in DOS on a 386, I've loaded slipper as the packet
> driver and it seems to be working fine.

How do you know it is working fine? I don't know that slipper has been
successfully used with lynx.  The INSTALLATION file suggests dosppp or
the klos driver.  Is this a binary that you compiled, or one that you
got precompiled?  Tips on getting set up in DOS can be found in Bill
Schiavo's blynx386, available at:
"ftp://leb.net/pub/blinux/lynx/blynx386";

or in a package available from me at:
"http://www.rahul.net/dkaufman/lynx2.8pre.2-DOS.zip"; or at
"ftp://ftp.rahul.net/pub/dkaufman/lynx2.8pre.2-DOS.zip";

> Now the only problem is dialing up.  I've looked over the DOS internet
> pages and can find no coherent/uncomplicated advice on what dialer to
> use and how to configure it; I want to be certain that it's an appropriate
> dialer to interface with lynx before I put the time into configuring it.

For a discussion on dialers see the tvdog internet archive:
"ftp://ftp.agate.net/users/01935/internet";

I think most users are using dosppp with the chat dialer that comes with
it.

                              Doug

__
Doug Kaufman