LYNX-DEV Windows Lynx help files?

From: bonkers
Subject: LYNX-DEV Windows Lynx help files?
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 1998 13:52:18 +0000

This is a conversation I had with Al Gilman

AL WORTE:
>bonkers, yes this is a recurring question.
>
>I have added an entry to
>
>http:/www.access.digex.net/~asgilman/lynx/FAQ/
>
>based on your exchange. Please let me know if there is a simple
>re-write that will make it more likely that people with this
>problem will notice the entry.

I replyed that another lynx-dev archive might be better and that there
isn't
enough documentation for Windows users.

AL'S REPLY:
> Actually, I mistyped a part of that email. Try using an earlier one at
> http://www.flora.org/lynx-dev/html/month0198/msg00327.html

Thanks. I have changed the reference to point to the one you suggest.

> I think that the main problem is lack of documentation for the Win95
port.
> I have some information up at
> http://home.pacific.net.sg/~ah_kwok/lynx/lynx_setup.html
> but it's not very good so I haven't added it to any search engine or
> publicised it in any way. It will need (much) more work.

I agree the need is there. I am not going to be much help,
there. I don't have a Win95 box to test on and I am busy
elsewhere for the time being.

Have you communicated privately with Doug Kaufman, Bill Sciavo or
John Lewis (who works on the Bobcat distribution package)?
[Of course you should feel free to discuss this on the list, too.]
Comparing notes about the worst confusions or what is effective
or ineffective in this or that training document will make the
work more rewarding and productive.

> BTW, name's Kenneth

I replyed that I have not communicated with any one else but I am willing
put in some time and effort although I am not very expercinced with Lynx,
have
no programming knowledge and am just a teenager.

Comments or suggesions?

Kenneth Kwok
address@hidden
http://home.pacific.net.sg/~ah_kwok/