Re: LYNX-DEV Windows Lynx help files?

From: Jim Spath (Webmaster Jim)
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Windows Lynx help files?
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 1998 10:15:38 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 4 Mar 1998, Scott McGee wrote:

> OK, I am not the best lynx user around, and I actually don't use it very much
> at home or at work (some though, but mostly Netscape). I do, however have a
> couple Win95 boxes at home that I would be more than willing to use to help
> "debug" developing Win95 documentation. I had lynx on all of them, but
> recently
> had to reload the OS on them and haven't reloaded lynx. Could someone remind
> me of the location?
>
> If someone wants me to try things out, let me know. I had email working on
> the one box at home at one time from lynx, and may still have the script and
> such that I used (on that machine I just reloaded the OS. It took a long time
> to figure out which progs had to be reloaded and which worked fine without. I
> never did get to lynx.)

I've been using Lynx-Win32 quite a bit and can see the need for Windows
help screens for new users.

I downloaded the help compiler and played with a bit.  So far, I haven't
come up with a rational scheme of going from some raw text format such as
HTML or nroff and feeding it through filters to get .HLP files.

I'm willing to help create and test such help files...

------
Marvin the Paranoid Android says:
Oh, fine, if you happen to like being me which personally I don't.