Re: LYNX-DEV 2.8pre3 compiles effortlessly on Digital Unix 4.0

From: T.E.Dickey
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV 2.8pre3 compiles effortlessly on Digital Unix 4.0
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 1998 05:47:55 -0500 (EST)

> For what it's worth:
>
> 2.8pre3, on: (uname -a) OSF1 unicorn V4.0 564 alpha, configure run from
> the following script:
We have in our lab a machine with 4.0 for a few weeks; I did check that
Lynx & other stuff built.  The 4.0 tends to crash every 4-5 hours (not due
to hardware, since I've run 3.2 on it also), and I remember someone on the
ncurses list commenting that it needs patches.  (Does anyone know more
about the patches needed for 4.0?)

(but I only tested curses & ncurses - slang wasn't interesting, since it
doesn't support dtterm)

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden