LYNX-DEV Re: Solaris & colour curses

From: Jonathan Sergent
Subject: LYNX-DEV Re: Solaris & colour curses
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 1998 19:46:04 -0500

 ] I think the standard curses knows something about colours, atleast
 ] there's some colour related functions which are described in detail in
 ] "curs_color"-manual page. However, I've no idea how well that support
 ] will work tho, I do prefer using slang or ncurses anyway as those work
 ] fine for sure...

Yeah, I realized that the binary I had built had color support in it
without my knowledge.  It worked as soon as I had an xterm with color
support and a proper terminfo entry working, and it also worked from
the Linux console (with a terminfo entry off of $HOME/.terminfo).  I've
never wanted to take the time to try to get ncurses to build.  I used
to use SLANG (which I had built anyhow for slrn) but now that I can
get what I want from Sun's libcurses I'll stick with that and save some
disk space.

--
Jonathan Sergent / address@hidden