LYNX-DEV My planned version (was: problem compiling 2-8 on Irix 5.3)

From: Michael Sokolov
Subject: LYNX-DEV My planned version (was: problem compiling 2-8 on Irix 5.3)
Date: Sat, 7 Mar 1998 01:26:22 -0500 (EST)

   Dear Scott,

   You wrote:
> Instead of creating a divergent version, why not code you support for DOS
> and Win3.x and submit the diffs.

   The diffs for what version? Mr. Dickey's? I won't spend a single minute
of my time even looking at that version.

> If they aren't accepted for integration
> into the current code set [...]

   Whether Mr. Dickey includes my work in his version or not is my least
concern. Fortunately, Lynx is free software, and no one except perhaps
UKans can claim to have authority over it, so Mr. Dickey's version is not
one bit more "official" that my planned one.

   But don't worry about it, OK? Right now I have absolutely no time for
hacking on Lynx anyway, as I first need to finish building my VAX UNIX
system (using some flavor of 4.3BSD), and this will keep me busy at least
through the summer.

   Sincerely,
   Michael Sokolov
   Phone: 440-449-0299
   ARPA Internet SMTP mail: address@hidden

   P.S. Some personal comments. I have a hard time imagining what market
niche is Mr. Dickey targeting his version toward, since a loser who likes
automatic bull**** would surely prefer Netscrap over Lynx.