Re: LYNX-DEV My planned version (was: problem compiling 2-8 on Irix 5.3)

From: Philip Webb
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV My planned version (was: problem compiling 2-8 on Irix 5.3)
Date: Sat, 7 Mar 1998 06:26:28 -0500 (EST)

980306 Michael Sokolov wrote:
-- snip --
> Fortunately, Lynx is free software, and no one except perhaps UKans can
> claim to have authority over it, so Mr. Dickey's version is not one bit
> more "official" that my planned one.
-- snip --
> Some personal comments. I have a hard time imagining what market niche
> is Mr. Dickey targeting his version toward, since a loser who likes
> automatic bull**** would surely prefer Netscrap over Lynx.

this kind of thing is generally best ignored,
but let me point out that Lynx 2-8 is not "Mr Dickey's",
but results from  1 year's  programming effort & widespread discussion
by quite a few people.
TD has been good enough to shoulder the burden of co-ordinating the task
of turning those efforts into a new release & deserves only thanks.

if Mr Sokolov is indeed clever enough, we shall expect to see him
produce a better version of his own in the near future.