Re: The absolute last editing of INSTALLATION [was Re: LYNX-DEV SSL for

From: T.E.Dickey
Subject: Re: The absolute last editing of INSTALLATION [was Re: LYNX-DEV SSL for Lynx 2.8]
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 1998 11:13:54 -0500 (EST)

> > threshold applies, and I've dealt with enough 'security' types to know that
> > rational discourse does not get anywhere.
>
> Got me in Japan!  I thought I was speaking rationally; they didn't.  :)
yes (I'm sure we all have some favorite stories)

> Anyway, I went ahead and did some minor changes to INSTALLATION.  I'm
> finished with this round.  I hope the next person will take it on for
> a half-year or longer so that the style remains fairly consistent.  Also,
> whoever does it, remember you always have to keep reminding yourself of
> Lynx's "mission" to remain portable and available on as many platforms
> and in as many situations as possible.
ok (looks minor enough).  I found one code nit (the 'UPPER8()' function
isn't K&R), but nothing more than that.  I think I'm the only person who
compiles Lynx with a K&R compiler just to find out if it builds.

So it's really just web pages to update, along with a small patch.

You did say your time on Lynx was coming to a close - are you going to
stayed tuned, or move on?

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden