Re: LYNX-DEV am I too late?

From: Nelson Henry Eric
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV am I too late?
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 1998 18:41:17 +0900 (JST)

> How about adding the following to lynx.cfg?
> (Don't bother with LYCurses.c....)
>
> COLOR:0:white:black
> COLOR:1:yellow:black
> COLOR:2:brightcyan:black
> COLOR:3:brightblue:black
> COLOR:4:green:black
> COLOR:5:magenta:black
> COLOR:6:white:blue
> COLOR:7:white:red
>
> This is what I use and is very good for
> someone with vision problems.

I can't believe that it hasn't been done yet.  Actually I think it
at one time was changed, but somehow the old one creeped back in.
Why does Laura have to fight so hard for this simple change which
is so critical to some people?  Changing just these lines in the
distribution lynx.cfg is all that's needed.  LYCurses.c can easily
wait.

> HOWEVER: Henry pointed out as I remember that he used a
> terminal that didn't allow anything but black background.
> So I tried changing the last 2 colors to:

I think we should keep yours since it has been tested by someone
who really needs and feels comfortable with such a scheme.

But give me a break on the present default:
        #COLOR:0:black:white
Right, black on black on any Fujitsu FMDPC642D.  Where did the
letters go?  Pretty neat screen saver routine!  If that isn't
a blackwards combination, I don't know what is.
   ^
> > then add a lynx.cfg to the samples directory - I think that's what we

We just got rid of that ca. 80kB hog.  Good riddin's to bad rubbish.

> Again, the average user would never see the sample lynx.cfg.
> IMHO it wouldn't hurt to put it in lynx.cfg.

That makes two IMHO.

__Henry

*** lynx.cfg.orig       Mon Mar  9 16:47:20 1998
--- lynx.cfg    Wed Mar 11 18:34:00 1998
***************
*** 1693,1706 ****
  #
  # Uncomment and change any of the compilation defaults.
  #
! #COLOR:0:black:white
! #COLOR:1:blue:white
! #COLOR:2:yellow:blue
! #COLOR:3:green:white
! #COLOR:4:magenta:white
! #COLOR:5:blue:white
! #COLOR:6:red:white
! #COLOR:7:magenta:cyan

  # External application support. This feature allows lynx to pass a given
  # URL to an external program.  It was written for three reasons.
--- 1693,1706 ----
  #