Re: LYNX-DEV features of interest to blind users

From: T.E.Dickey
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV features of interest to blind users
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 1998 16:25:33 -0500 (EST)

> > From: "T.E.Dickey" <address@hidden>
> > Date: Wed, 11 Mar 1998 06:00:38 -0500 (EST)
> > The last on your list, btw
> > (implying that slang is required for color) is not correct:
>
> I just downloaded and looked at lynx2-8 and noticed in
> LYMain.c that -color is only processed withhin #ifdef USE_SLANG.
> I was never able to build ncurses to see what it did with color,
> however the -color option appears to be slang based.
no - that is an option which forces color to be shown -- or whatever the
ANSI sequences would do -- even if the terminal description says color is
not available.  So that would work on half the color terminals that I know
of (not worth cluttering up ncurses).

It should be no harder to build ncurses than to build lynx (just takes more
diskspace).  BSDI's close enough to FreeBSD - which does build - afaik (I
had an account on a BSDI box for a couple of months last year - long enough
to build ncurses and a few other things.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden