LYNX-DEV Re: 2.8pre.5: install-help

From: T.E.Dickey
Subject: LYNX-DEV Re: 2.8pre.5: install-help
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 1998 18:41:19 -0500 (EST)

> > I just saw 2.8 release on the release page,
> > I was also surprised that the Version in userdefs.h is 2.8rel.2
That's because it is a generated version number (each time I touch
something, it increments).  Since I cut over to 2.8rel.1 on Saturday,
I modified the install-help rule, and (today) adjusted the parts list
to match the comments.

(No harm done, unless something thinks this is a development phase ;-)

> ---            Release of Lynx v2.8 (March 10, 1998)                ---
>
> 1998-03-10
> * omit platform-specifics about release (recommended by HN). - TD
> * drop samples/lynx.cfg since it is redundant (recommended by HN).  - TD
> but still exist!
You're right (sorry).  I removed it from my staging directory, but did not
remember to edit the PRCS parts-list.  Just did that, and removed it from
the release zip-file.  (That's 2.8rel.3)

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden