Re: colors (was: Re: LYNX-DEV am I too late?)

From: Filip M Gieszczykiewicz
Subject: Re: colors (was: Re: LYNX-DEV am I too late?)
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 1998 22:26:57 -0600 (CST)

You (John) wrote:
> I know I'm jumping in late here, but what is wrong with good
> old black text on a white background?  To me (old, glasses
> not legally blind yet, not pushing or selling or lobbying
> for anything) that seems as if it may be the best default.

What's really needed is some platform independant way of setting
the colors "hands-on" because each system and setup and terminal
is different. The "default" lynx colors suck (sorry)... I'm
opposite the needs expressed here... I like soft blue/green on
black... otherwise I get a headache. My Linux is set to white on
black but my minicom is CYAN on BLACK :-)

Perhaps a seperate little program that sets ONLY the configuration
parameters, writes/edits the user config file, and THEN starts lynx
with all the settings in effect? That would get around any nasty
"goto"s in the code to re-set everything... or force user to restart
(that sucks).

What does a typical curses program compile to these days? (minimal
actual code)

Take care.