Re: colors (was: Re: LYNX-DEV am I too late?)

From: T.E.Dickey
Subject: Re: colors (was: Re: LYNX-DEV am I too late?)
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 1998 06:34:34 -0500 (EST)

> Ok -- actually I did find the color spec on the options page.
> However, it gave me 4 choices:
>       NEVER
>       OFF
>       ON
>       Always try
> The default was apparently OFF.
> I tried turning it ON but lynx wouldnt' let me.
> I tried the other options and it all had the same effect -- no color.
> Am I doing something wrong?
Probably.  Your terminal description has to support color; there are a handful
of terminal "capabilities" that have to be defined; these are listed in my
ncurses FAQ:
        http://www.clark.net/pub/dickey/ncurses/ncurses.faq.html

(Without knowing what your $TERM is set to, and what the infocmp program
says about it, I don't know what you are missing).

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden