Re: LYNX-DEV more about wells fargo, schwab

From: Mark H. Wood
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV more about wells fargo, schwab
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 1998 08:13:44 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 11 Mar 1998, Nicholl Environmental wrote:
[deletia]
>We should urge the companies we do business with to put Lynx-ssl on any
>such lists, or better, to use an analytical method for determining browser
>encryption capabilities.

Another way of saying this is that such companies make their services look
bad when their software implements such an important feature as
transaction security by "just guessing", especially when it guesses wrong!

--
Mark H. Wood, Lead System Programmer   address@hidden
One more time:  a (level-2) switch is a bridge.  A "level-3 switch" is