Re: colors (was: Re: LYNX-DEV am I too late?)

From: T.E.Dickey
Subject: Re: colors (was: Re: LYNX-DEV am I too late?)
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 1998 08:51:20 -0500 (EST)

> > From: "T.E.Dickey" <address@hidden>
> > Date: Thu, 12 Mar 1998 06:34:34 -0500 (EST)
> > (Without knowing what your $TERM is set to, and what the infocmp program
> > says about it, I don't know what you are missing).
>
> I always use vt220.
> In any case, it works with slang so I know
> the terminal can handle color.  What does ncurses look for?
from my FAQ
        http://www.clark.net/pub/dickey/ncurses/ncurses.faq.html

                         NCURSES - Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) (p12 of 27)
My terminal doesn't recognize color

   Check the terminal description, to see if it is installed properly
   (e.g., in /usr/share/terminfo) by looking at the output of infocmp.

   It should contain the following capabilities:
          orig_pair or orig_colors
          and max_colors
          and max_pairs

   as well as
          set_foreground and set_background
          or set_a_foreground and set_a_background
          or set_color_pair

   The most common complaint is that "I can see colors using ls, but not
   with ncurses applications". This is due to not having installed the
   terminfo database.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden