Re: LYNX-DEV More security stuff.

From: Filip M Gieszczykiewicz
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV More security stuff.
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 1998 19:26:13 -0600 (CST)

I hate to break it to all the "idealists" here, but from my experience
as a sys-admin, the absolutely most secure is often severly compromised
form INSIDE. Yeah, DUMB-ASS users. Sure, you can run crack on
/etc/passwd all you want... but that will never prevent some clown
from leaving his password in his e-mail (elsewhere), on a postit note
stuck ON his/her terminal/PC, "hinting" to what it is in e-mails
("hehe, duh, some easy numbers between my name"... when the passwd
is "J1O2H3N4" which crack can't really do much about..., etc.

I'm convinced that many breakins are due to this looniness and it's
unlikely to ever stop as long as we have humans in the loop [smirk]

But, enough for now, back to the "perfect happy happy joy joy world" :-)

Take care.