LYNX-DEV Load error - no DPM

From: Bill Ghysen
Subject: LYNX-DEV Load error - no DPM
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 98 16:23:51 +1100

ref: address@hidden or address@hidden

Dear developers,

A few of years ago I installed the MINUET program on an elderly
friend's 386DX40, which worked fine untill our ISP started to use
proxying.  I then discoverd DOSLYNX v0.8 ALPHA, which copes fine with
proxying, but frequently locks up.

I use Minuet's PHONE program to get a SLIP/PPP connection and load
MINUET first for email and news. Then, using Minuet's ID information,
DOSLYNX is loaded. Apart from the frequent lockups this arrangement
works okay and is used on odd occasions.

Recently I came across LYNX386 v2.7.1ac-0.97 and thought to please my
old friend by replacing the old 0.8 alpha version, only to run into a
"Load error - no DMP" problem. (I altered WATTCP.CFG to suit our TCP
settings)

Could you please advice me what to do next? I noticed that there is a
CSDPMI3B.ZIP, but do not have an FTP address to download it from and
do not know how to install it etc. Your help would be greatly
appreciated.

Yours gratefully,

Bill Ghysen, Canberra, Australia. (address@hidden)
Tel. +61 6 287 1234    Fax. +61 6 288 1466

The done thing is not necessarily the thing to be done.