Re: LYNX-DEV last call: LBO home page update

From: Philip Webb
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV last call: LBO home page update
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 1998 12:02:23 -0500 (EST)

980313 Al Gilman wrote:
> [Philip]
> [Larry]
> > I think the link was removed because folk kept trying it out and sending
> > blank email to the list.
> Yes, that was a conscious decision and that was the reason.

sorry, i do remember now: it's a good reason.

> [Philip]
> > > we should also tell them to give full detail, which many
> > > don't do first time.
> [Larry]
> > I personally think providing a form
> we agreed that this should go on a separate page and we would not make
> the 'good' of correcting p.1 wait for the 'better' of somebody writing p.2.

my memory of this is less clear, but the reasoning is equally good.

however, i can only repeat my recommendation to change the last sentence
to what i suggested, which describes what a user can in fact expect:
especially in practice, no-one on lynx-dev is going to help people
with out-of-date versions & telling them we're polite is otiose.
a  1 line  list of preferred details would be a useful extra,
if there's room on the screen, pending someone writing a form page.