Help form (was Re: LYNX-DEV last call: LBO home page update)

From: Personal
Subject: Help form (was Re: LYNX-DEV last call: LBO home page update)
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 1998 13:48:15 -0700 (MST)

Dave Eaton <address@hidden> writes:

>On Fri, 13 Mar 1998, Larry W. Virden, x2487 wrote:
>
>> Things that we typically need :
>>
>> 1. Version of Lynx
>
>I like the idea of a form ... and though it would be best to ask
>explicitly what version of lynx they are having troubles with, I find it
>is often very helpful to snatch some such info in the CGI script which
>catches the form input and include that in the resulting e-mail message as
>well.

I beleive that the use of a help form has been discussed in the past, but
the main reason for asking for help is because the user can NOT get lynx
to access the web. Kinda eliminates the usefullnes of a form if they
can't access it until they fix their problem.

Scott

Scott McGee: Salt Lake Community College Webmaster | When in danger,
Email: address@hidden (Scott McGee)         | run in circles,
Web:   http://www.slcc.edu/infotech/webmaster.html | scream and shout.
My opinions do not necessarily reflect those of the College. Trust me!