Re: Help form (was Re: LYNX-DEV last call: LBO home page update)

From: T.E.Dickey
Subject: Re: Help form (was Re: LYNX-DEV last call: LBO home page update)
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 1998 10:36:07 -0500 (EST)

> to follow up on what T.E.Dickey said:
>
> > I take it that the consensus is to update the chunk of README that covers
> > reporting problems; otherwise 2-8 is ok as-is.
>
> Actually, I see nothing in that paragraph that _requires_ rewriting.
>
> I would suggest that the README still send trouble mail to lynx-dev
> directly and not go via the mail forwarding from LBO at this time.
well, then we can put the updates in 2.8.1dev.x (I don't need to keep touching
that zip-file either).

> We could remove the screams about not sending administrative messages
> to the list because non-member posts are moderated and subscribers seem
> to notice the "how to get off the list" footer most of the time.
I haven't noticed any that are asking to be unsubscribed, true.

> But changes should be looked at and I might just say 2-8 is OK without
> opening that can of annelids.
fine - I collect the ones that I understand well enough to do something
about, and get to them as I can.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden