Re: LYNX-DEV Re: Why use `cp' and `rm' when _WINDOWS defined?

From: Wayne Buttles
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Re: Why use `cp' and `rm' when _WINDOWS defined?
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 1998 12:26:32 -0500 (EST)

> What follows is a series of minor patches to LYDownload.c, LYutils.c,
> and LYGlobaldefs.c that make things like file downloads using Dos
> copy.exe work properly.

I don't have a copy.exe.  Copy is an internal function of command.com and
does not run like a normal program.  I think "command -c copy" is how to
invoke it, but I was trying to avoid that for people using alternate
shells like 4dos and bash.  I do have cp.exe and I package it with my
lynx'es.

The cp I distribute isn't confused by the screwed up slashes.  Also, I
don't have any problem with the names of things being longer than 8.3
under Win95.  Does the FNAMES stuff disable my ability to save stuff with
names > 8.3 or use stuff in directory names > 8.3 ?  I haven't had a
chance to unravel it all.

Also, it looks like the LYdownload patch is changing the behavior of the
VMS path rather than the the intended DOS/Win32 area.