Re: LYNX-DEV Is this a server or a lynx problem?

From: Philip Webb
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Is this a server or a lynx problem?
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 1998 19:19:18 -0500 (EST)

980316 Larry Virden wrote:
> When I attempt to access  <URL:http://www.browsercheck.com/> ,
> which claims to check the version of the browser one is using
> and let you know if you don't have the latest,
> the screen clears and lynx reports for me 190 bytes read,
> but nothing else happens.
> Anyone know if this is a remote problem or a lynx problem?

i got the same reaction: it always hangs after  190 bytes  ( z  exits),
even when i asked for the source, which seems innocuous, ending  <br> ;
i tried using  -dump  to a file, which sat there till i did  ^c ,
when the file was empty.  never seen nuthin like it ...
you could try sending an e-mail to  owner  from the (mutilated) page.