Re: LYNX-DEV Re: Why use `cp' and `rm' when _WINDOWS defined?

From: afn06760
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Re: Why use `cp' and `rm' when _WINDOWS defined?
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 1998 14:15:02 GMT

>     * From: "T.E.Dickey" <address@hidden>
>     * Date: Tue, 17 Mar 1998 05:21:29 -0500 (EST)
>> defines and hope that they don't add more problems. I think most of us
>> would like to spend time on the parts of the code that aren't working as
>> we would like.
>since my interests are in the line of portability/maintainability, it's
>something that I'm keeping an eye on - as something to work on when it
>doesn't impact things.

I was aware of this, and I took care to make my patches involving DOSPATH
not assume Dos or Windows.

The ftp://ftp.deninc.com site that had been accepting cygwin and ming ports
is closing down.  If anyone wants to test out my latest and greatest un-
official version of lynx under crtdll.dll (the one that comes with Win95
and WinNT), you can write to me suggesting an immediately available ftp
site, with appropriate URL, and I will upload it.

Remember FNAMES_8_3 is used for tempfiles only in my patches, so that even
Win31 viewers and editors can be called by lynx.