Re: LYNX-DEV Re: Why use `cp' and `rm' when _WINDOWS defined?

From: T.E.Dickey
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Re: Why use `cp' and `rm' when _WINDOWS defined?
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 1998 10:14:05 -0500 (EST)

> What I had envisioned was that DOSPATH would completely go away.  All of
> them would be renamed, even if only slightly, so that we were sure when it
> all was complete.  During this transition, I suspect we will need ~one~
> #ifdef DOSPATH to surround all the new defines.  *I am hoping on some
> input as to where that could go.*
good - I've got some ideas for cleaning up the ifdef's (so that most of
those places where we have VMS or DOS or Unix for wrapper functions really
should be just one function that's ifdef'd in a header).

> I am still planning on looking at the 8.3 stuff as well as some enhanced
> external options.  I also hope to patch in Doug's temp name fix and one of
> afn06760's patch sets for _WINDOWS_NSL soon.  Play time is still short
> though, so soon for me may be slow for other people used to Fote's daily
> changes.
I can't do daily changes (except to fix things that are recently-broken).
A one-week cycle works out reasonably, well.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden