Re: LYNX-DEV Re: Why use `cp' and `rm' when _WINDOWS defined?

From: T.E.Dickey
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Re: Why use `cp' and `rm' when _WINDOWS defined?
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 1998 12:54:46 -0500 (EST)

> On Tue, 17 Mar 1998, T.E.Dickey wrote:
>
> > > What I had envisioned was that DOSPATH would completely go away.  All of
> > > them would be renamed, even if only slightly, so that we were sure when
> > > it
> > > all was complete.  During this transition, I suspect we will need ~one~
> > > #ifdef DOSPATH to surround all the new defines.  *I am hoping on some
> > > input as to where that could go.*
> > good - I've got some ideas for cleaning up the ifdef's (so that most of
> > those places where we have VMS or DOS or Unix for wrapper functions really
> > should be just one function that's ifdef'd in a header).
>
> Would that stuff be put in userdefs.h?  That is the first place I
> thought of to consolodate defines.
no.  userdefs.h is overfull.

Look at HTDOS.h and HTVMSUtils.h -- if we make a header that includes
both, and defines a macro or generic name (such as HTSYS_wwwName) to
replace the system-specific DOS or VMS names, we can clean up a lot of
ifdef's.  (There's other, less obvious, things that can be combined in
a similar manner).

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden