Re: LYNX-DEV Retrieving multiple binary files.

From: Philip Webb
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Retrieving multiple binary files.
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 1998 02:53:22 -0500 (EST)

980316 Aleksi Knuutila wrote:
> I have an ftp-list based on http, including lots of links to binary files.
> How can i download all them automaticly?
> I have tried the "treelynx" script which was mentioned on the FAQ,
> but if i got it right, it retrieves only HTTP-documents.

if you're not subscribed to lynx-dev, you may have missed this post
from  Jason F. McBrayer  =  address@hidden ,
which arrived simultaneously:

> I'm using  wget  as an external for  http  &  ncftp  for  ftp
> & they work great, they do.
> You could have separate sets of options to  wget  depending
> whether you want to download a single document or a full directory tree.

 wget  is obtainable from  ftp://gnjilux.cc.fer.hr/pub/unix/util/wget/ ;
also recommended by some is  htget
from  www.ensta.fr/internet/unix/www/htget.html  & other sites;
JFM may be able to tell you where to find  ncftp .