Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx on Win95

From: Webmaster Jim
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx on Win95
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 1998 06:22:08 -0500

Scott wrote:
> > Datum: woensdag 18 maart 1998 20:43
> > I have a fully registered version of winzip, and if we can figure
> > out the best installation setup, would be more than happy to create
> > a self-extracting archive for Lynx that could include such things
> > as the icons, a desktop or start menu shortcut to a bat file to run
> > lynx (which would use the icon), the bat file with needed envars
> > set, etc. All we need to do is decided what and where everything
> > should be, and let me know. I can even put in on the SLCC lynx pages
> > for easy access.
> > (I am not a win95 programmer [or even a DOS programmer] so don't
> > expect an installation script, but I think winzip will allow us to
> > unpack the archive to the desired locations.)
> > Scott McGee: Salt Lake Community College Webmaster | When in danger,

We need someone with a Windows install package to do this the "Right
Way," since drive paths are critical choices on installations, as well
as the potential for modifying PATH and other variables.

Pointing people to the Info-ZIP version of UNZIP is a reasonable
approach since it allows for destination choices.

Marvin the Paranoid Android.