Re: LYNX-DEV Help files

From: T.E.Dickey
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Help files
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 1998 18:26:14 -0500 (EST)

> > > I think it would be a good idea to change HELPFILE in userdefs.h and
> > > lynx.cfg from
> > >
> > > http://www.crl.com/~subir/lynx/lynx_help/lynx_help_main.html

> > > http://sol.slcc.edu/lynx/current/lynx2-8/lynx_help/lynx_help_main.html
> > >
> > > This way the help files would always be up to date. Until yesterday,
> > > www.crl.com had the 2.7.1 help files.
> > ok.  (for 2.8.1, unless we get a consensus)
> >

> I would suggest not before 2.8.1 as Subir now has Lynx Links up to 2.8.
fine (I don't really want to keep working on 2.8)

> Can we get Configure to take control of this, so that if the help
> files are locally installed the site-wide lynx.cfg points there?
I'll have to understand what it'll look like (maybe too many hours this
week, but I don't have it in my head).  It sounds like you want an option
to specify the web-address for the help-files which would supplement the
directory-path where they're actually installed.  So the configure/build/install
would be still integrated (I run complicated sets of options from a script,
e.g., cfg-lynx):
        configure \
                --prefix=/lynx/current/lynx-2-8 \
                --with-help-path=http://sol.slcc.edu/lynx/current/lynx2-8