Re: LYNX-DEV Patch for alternate character set on Digital UNIX

From: Ismael Cordeiro
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Patch for alternate character set on Digital UNIX
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 1998 11:32:42 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 19 Mar 1998, Jim Spath (Webmaster Jim) wrote:

> It turns out that the existing configure test for line-drawing characters
> under some forms of curses (e.g., Digital UNIX) doesn't work;

With slang, the #define BOXVERT '|' and #define BOXHORI '-' in userdefs.h
don't work either. It would be very nice if they did. A #define BOXCORN '+'
would be very welcome too. I think that could be user-configurable. The fact
that the system supports VT100 line-drawing characters and alternate
character sets doesn't mean that the terminal program accessing that system
also supports it.

Ismael

       | ISMAEL CORDEIRO            | mailto:address@hidden           |
       | Production sound mixer     | http://www.cam.org/~ismael/     |
       | Montréal - Québec - Canada | ftp://ftp.cam.org/users/ismael/ |