Re: LYNX-DEV Help files

From: T.E.Dickey
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Help files
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 1998 12:32:31 -0500 (EST)

> On Thu, 19 Mar 1998, T.E.Dickey wrote:
>
> > e.g., cfg-lynx):
> >     configure \
> >             --prefix=/lynx/current/lynx-2-8 \
> >             --with-help-path=http://sol.slcc.edu/lynx/current/lynx2-8
>
> It seems that you're working on something like conf-tin in tinpre1.4*. That
> would be a _very_ good idea. I find a PITA having to set CPPFLAGS and LIBS
> and typing in the command line all the needed configure options.
not exactly:  "conf-tin" was just a sample script that I showed Urs, and he
added it to the build (I use a couple of different scripts now, one which
builds with all of the combinations of compiler and curses or termcap
libraries which are available - not exactly what you have in mind - and a
much reduced version of that, for actual use).

I used this a few weeks ago for testing on this host:

#!/bin/sh
cfg-ncurses \
        --with-screen=ncurses \
        --enable-nsl-fork \
        --enable-default-colors \
        --disable-internal-links \
        $*

(cfg-ncurses in turn is another wrapper ;-)

Perhaps we could add a few cfg-lynx scripts to the samples directory.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden