Re: LYNX-DEV Help files

From: Al Gilman
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Help files
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 1998 15:39:46 -0500 (EST)

to follow up on what T.E.Dickey said:

> > The http: URL for retrieval from the distribution breakout goes
> > in the lynx.cfg file that applies if neither of these directives
> > is invoked.  If either of these directives is invoked, then the
> > active LYNX_HELP_FILE value in lynx.cfg is edited to show a file:
> > URL to the installed local help tree.

> But how does this fit with Scott's goal of not modifying the lynx.cfg
> file during install?

Sends us to a requirements-discovery dialog.  Modifying lynx.cfg
vs not modifying lynx.cfg is means.  We need to compare the ends
that Scott and I are trying to reach.  I want the default value
of HELPFILE in the system-wide lynx.cfg to vary consistent with the
decision to install Help or not to install Help.  Scott, can that
be made consistent with the install process you want to use?

Al Gilman