Re: LYNX-DEV lynx e-mail (fwd)

From: David Woolley
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV lynx e-mail (fwd)
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 1998 08:12:12 +0000 (GMT)

> From: "Roy M. Darby" <address@hidden>
>
>       When I try to send email from lynx I get all the way to the point
> where I'me prompted "Send this comment y or n" . when I type y or enter
> the bottom of the screen displays "cannot access tailoring file
> /usr/mmdf/mmdftailoring. I cannot find anything in the lynx held menu
> about tailoring my server gamewood.net doesn't seem able to help either.

Your problem isn't with Lynx, so why should there be anything in the help.

If you want to send mail with Lynx first make sure that you have properly
installed mail transport software.  In this case, you appear to have a
broken installation of a mail transport package called MMDF.

Just possibly they replaced MMDF with sendmail (NB MMDF has a sendmail
emulator; don't get confused) but left the MMDF programs in and either
built Lynx for MMDF or configured it so as to look for the MMDF version
of sendmail, rather than the real one.

For some added clues, send some email to yourself and supply the lynx list
with a copy of the FULL headers (all the Received lines).  Do this for some
external inbound mail.  Also post a the value of SYSTEM_MAIL from your
lynx.cfg file, and if possible, the output of "locate sendmail", and if that
fails, "find / -name sendmail -print"; don't include standard error (you
will probably get permission denied messages from find).  Also give us
the IP address and host name of the machine on which you ran the mail tests.

1>  DDDDD         A        RRRR    BBBB    YY      YY
2>  DD   D       AaA       R   R   B   B    YY    YY
3>  DD    D     Aa aA      R    R  B   B     YY  YY
4>  DD    D    AAAAAAA     RRRRR   BBBB       YYYY