LYNX-DEV problems with lynx (bug?)

From: Denis de Bernardy
Subject: LYNX-DEV problems with lynx (bug?)
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 1998 18:27:20 -0000

hello!

I've juste installed lynx to test a page of mine from my pc instead of going
on my unix account, but have encountered two problems. I'm using the
win95/nt version of the browser.

1) I can't type a ' ~ ', which is quite frustrating since many home page use
in (mine in particular).
2) the browser doesn't seem to print special characters that hardly exist in
english pages, such as ' é ' =  ' é ' correctly.

Is this a flaw, from the program, a bug, or a setting error...?
I've never encountered the problem on solaris...

Best regards. (and thank you!)

Denis