Re: LYNX-DEV dodging the gun

From: Michael Warner
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV dodging the gun
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 1998 13:55:23 -0800

On Sat, Mar 21, 1998, Larry W. Virden, x2487 <address@hidden> wrote:

    [re: Network Associates doing its PGP stuff in Switzerland]

> well, that's an interesting article.  However, is there any where that
> one would use PGP or an equivalent in lynx?  SSL isn't related to PGP
> in anyway that I know of, and thus this commercial software equivalent
> (which would still have to be purchased by each user and would force
> all users of lynx to build lynx to be able to use it) wouldn't help.

    [...]

I'm neither a user of, nor much interested in, PGP/SSL/etc, and my eyes
tend to glaze over at the legal and technical discussions of same, so I
don't know if this has any relevance, but I thought I'd mention it -

The MUTT Mail User Agent comes in two flavors - non-PGP and PGP.  The
PGP-enabled version is only available from "off-shore" (primarily
Europe) ftp sites.  Development of the two is in parallel, using the
same mailing list, and I believe the two are functionally identical,
except for the PGP stuff.

--
Michael Warner
<address@hidden>