Re: LYNX-DEV My planned version

From: Philip Webb
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV My planned version
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 1998 02:57:30 -0500 (EST)

980322 Michael Sokolov wrote:
> if something hasn't made its way into Fote's latest codeset,
> it is a loose cannon rather than a useful contribution.

FM hasn't been heard of for a couple of months,
so do the rest of us wait & hold our breaths till he reappears,
despite the fact -- see the Archive -- that he has repeatedly told us
that he wants to stop being hone-kay etc etc?

> I have just filled his position.

as hone-kay ... ?

> This is a free country

if you mean the USA, that's debatable to some of us who don't live there,
but it's also off-topic for lynx-dev, which is an international effort;
however, it may be relevant to point out that a virtue of the USA is
that all positions of power are elective: Napoleons need not apply.

> no one can stop me from starting a divergent version.

sure: we'll all waiting to see you stop ranting & start producing:
if you are capable of doing a good job, show everyone;
in the past, as TD has pointed out, you've contributed very little code.