Re: LYNX-DEV UNIXish and DOSish software

From: Jason F. McBrayer
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV UNIXish and DOSish software
Date: 23 Mar 1998 09:46:47 -0600

TED> but you can compile with a fallback description & not install the
TED> terminfo database at all (it's been in the distribution since 4.1
TED> came out last spring).

I know.  But JJGR has been having trouble with fallbacks, so he hasn't
compiled them into EMX ncurses.  I don't have time to get his patches
and build my own ncurses just for Lynx and to try to track down the
problem.

TED> a fallback for the console window would be the best way to go,
TED> anyway - for lynx.  the other users wouldn't notice a 1k
TED> overhead.  in any case, that's hidden from lynx.

Yes.  That way typical OS/2 users would have one less Unix-ism to
contend with when installing lynx, but lynx could still be used in
contexts where it will be redirected.  Hopefully EMX ncurses will
include a console fallback soon, but I have the feeling it's not high
on Juan Jose's priority list.

| Jason F. McBrayer              address@hidden |
| The scalloped tatters of the King in Yellow must hide Yhtill   |
| forever.                   (R.W. Chambers _The King in Yellow_ |