Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx 2.8 on NeXTStep

From: T.E.Dickey
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx 2.8 on NeXTStep
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 1998 05:45:22 -0500 (EST)

> I can't seem to compile Lynx 2.8 on NeXTStep (m68k, NS 3.3, using NeXT's
> cc which is really gcc in some form).
> -I../WWW/Library/Implementation   -O2 -DNEXT -DXMOSAIC_HACK  -c
> ./LYMain.c
> ./LYMain.c: In function `main':
> ./LYMain.c:611: `LC_ALL' undeclared (first use this function)
> ./LYMain.c:611: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
> ./LYMain.c:611: for each function it appears in.)
> Everything up until this point appears to be hunky-dory.  The configure
> script seems to work fine.  I can pass along copies of config.cache and
> the makefile generated if needed (along with anything else that might
> help).
I'd like to see the config.cache (and config.log).  For whatever reason,
the configure script thinks that chunk ought to compile (since it's using
the same symbols, and defines LOCALE if so).  Perhaps LOCALE is defined
in one of your system headers, or you modified lynx_cfg.h?  (In the former
case, I'd rather rename it - LOCALE is a bad choice of name since it may
conflict - but if 2.7.2 compiles, then I don't see why it would conflict).

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden