Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx Forms failure

From: Ian
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx Forms failure
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 1998 20:54:48 +0000 (GMT)

> Note that your trace did get out to the mailing list.  I'm swamped this
> morning, but I glanced over it and didn't see anything out of the ordinary
> from lynx's point of view - the only thing of interest seemed to be a
> networking problem.

Hi Larry
Thanks for looking but whats the problem with networking?

> I wonder if there is a problem with timeouts here.

Im connecting from a standalone 386 with Lynx 2.8pre2-DOS over EPPPD
packet driver. Lynx waits for a couple of minutes after submitting
the form. I cant see what timeout could be involved. Connection to
Geocities is flakey at times from here in the UK but Ive tried at
a number of different times so Im pretty sure I got a good connection
on several of them.
I can only think of two possibilities
1. Lynx isnt sending the form correctly
2. Geocities doesnt like what its getting
(1) almost certainly implies (2) but (2) doesnt imply (1).
--
Bye for now,
            Ian.