Re: sites with Bad generated html (was Re: LYNX-DEV Using Lynx on the se

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: sites with Bad generated html (was Re: LYNX-DEV Using Lynx on the server side)
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 1998 17:24:13 -0800 (PST)

On 25 Mar 1998, Jason F. McBrayer wrote:

> FMG> If you thought that Ford got ripped off by a Web designer who
> FMG> blocked all non-big-two access, wait till you see what happened
> FMG> to Sharp...
>
> FMG> http://www.sharp-usa.com
>
> FMG> No <html>, two </html>'s and a bunch of navigation maps that
> FMG> don't work in lynx... and only two that do... Am I missing
> FMG> something? BTW, all this joy courtesy of:
>
> I see two usemaps that work but expand out to lists of meaningless
> Active Server Page URLs, and a couple of altless image links.  And

I don't want to defend such lynx-unfriendly pages, but I was able to
navigate around and find information on the site. The URL's don't give
you a clue as to what they link to, so each has to be tried to see where
it goes. Lynx does, however, seem able to get to all the pages. The
USEMAPS get you to the various locations.
                                Doug
__
Doug Kaufman
Internet: address@hidden (preferred)