Re: LYNX-DEV LYNX: please say "THIS IS A TABLE!"

From: David Combs
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV LYNX: please say "THIS IS A TABLE!"
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 1998 12:06:08 -0800 (PST)

I disagree.  Most pages that I look at do NOT have tables
of them.

And I am UNABLE to tell at a glance that something is a
table, from what is displayed on the screen.

Maybe an OPTIONAL "This is a table" would be ok.  Maybe the
inserting of a VERY VISIBLE extra LINE saying that
the START (and at the END) of the table would help.

Like I say: we all have different things we look at on
the web.  The things that I myself look at tend to
NOT use tables, except when really necessary.

(If everything DID have tables, then I couldn't very well
use lynx, could I, as I would be missing most of the info
I needed!)