Re: LYNX-DEV Spawning Lynx from another process

From: T.E.Dickey
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Spawning Lynx from another process
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 1998 15:42:55 -0500 (EST)

> I am trying to spawn the lynx.exe from another parent process for the
> purpose of redirecting Lynx's std i/o.  I am creating a pipe and
> redirecting lynx's std i/o handles to that of the pipe's.
>
> The problem is that when I launch the parent process, which in turn
> launches lynx, I get this message:
>
>       initscr( ): LINES=0 COLS=0: too small.
>

> Is this message being generated by Lynx??
it's being generated by the library that lynx is using.  since it cannot
open the terminal to check.  try setting the LINES and COLS environment
variables to 24 and 80.  (you may still have problems running it via a
pipe, since WinNT's pipe support is rather rudimentary)

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden