Re: LYNX-DEV LYNX: please say "THIS IS A TABLE!"

From: T.E.Dickey
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV LYNX: please say "THIS IS A TABLE!"
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 1998 14:55:55 -0500 (EST)

> I suspect this is all part of the general "we hate the way columns look
> in lynx" syndrome.  I keep wondering if perhaps there is a better way
> to do this.  One thing that was mentioned at one point was if some brave
> lynx knight stepped forward to take on the dragon of tables, that they
> might modify the parsing code to start doing a 'look ahead' type cache
I don't think a look-ahead would work well (though we may be talking about
the same thing) because tables can be nested - so you'd need something
like a recursive parse.

Perhaps revisit that if/when we make changes to cache the file locally.
If it's all in memory, we can do more interesting things to it.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden